Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Just when you think you've got enough different knife patterns, out comes the GEC #792312 Montana whittler. I'm particularly drawn to the Canvas Micarta version- that Micarta looks addictive................Any one got one yet, or any comments?????????????????? 

Views: 2614

Replies to This Discussion

Got the Canvas Micarta Prototype in the post finally, got held up in Australian customs for a spell-while they played with it no doubt!!! At first I was a little disappointed, really liked the pattern BUT I am used to the Northfield blades with swedging and seemingly sturdier steel. These blades felt slightly' tinny' and thin, and there is a little up and down movement in the open main blade. The Prototype stamping on the main blade was already smudgy and faint on one edge, like it was hardly on the blade. I would expect more from the Prototype knife.

HAVING SAID THAT- the blades are razor sharp, the Canvas Micarta is beautiful and the overall pattern design is very fuctional and appealing. Looks like I may have to buy a Northfield King Wood or Calico bone version for comparison- Shucks!!!!

Darn Gregory, have to buy another knife LOL.  I suggest the Calico. it is a beautiful  handle material.  I really like this pattern it is extremely functional and ours are tight all over 

Hi Jan. Thanks for the tip, those Calicos sure do look pretty. Little bit like an Appaloosa Bone. I'll think I'll try and find a real mottley one. I really like the #79 pattern.

You guys  sure have got some Aussie summer weather happening over there, try and stay cooooool until it passes, hope it's over soon!!! Cheers from Gregory in Oz...

Thanks again to Jan- These Calico Bone #79's seem to be disappearing like Granma's hotcakes, so I thought I'd better latch on to one. I hate kicking myself when I miss out!!!  Now the wait..............................

It's a rainbow :-)

and a lovely rainbow at that!

Gregory, I dont think you will be disappointed.  Let us know and congrats on finding one

Gregory.J said:

Thanks again to Jan- These Calico Bone #79's seem to be disappearing like Granma's hotcakes, so I thought I'd better latch on to one. I hate kicking myself when I miss out!!!  Now the wait..............................

this knife reminds me of the vintage E-TOE whittlers.... at first this pattern i wasnt really digging... the stag in the raindow have my mind changed.

or even sleeveboard whittlers a little...i dunno but im digging them all a suuden.. ill tell ya if i grab any...

Nice  knives. It got me drooling.

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service