Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

This is the place to show and discuss small knives. Penknives, lobsters, peanuts, tuxedos, ladies and gents knives of all kinds are welcome.

Views: 2117

Replies to This Discussion

Are leg knives considered gentleman or ladies knives? My wife collects them, so I buy them for her to make her happy. Here is a Lady colt that I bought for her recently.

The boot or shoe is there to open a beer bottle.  As the pattern came about in the 1920s-30s, I'd assume it for men as it wasn't really considered lady-like to be drinking beer.  That said,  I'm just notsure where I stand on the pattern.  Not sure if I like it or not,  Still that pink Colt looks awful purty.

Great knives guys. I always wondered if they would actually open a beer bottle. There were German 'leg' knives made in the 1890s but they would not have opened a bottle. The knives, which are quite rare, accompanied leg corkscrews. Typically, they had celluloid scales with different coloured striped stockings. Some had the thigh portion in natural  ivory and these are particulary desirable among collectors.  Cheers!

great looking knives thanks for posting them so we could see them....

Roger Russell said:

Good topic. Small knives seem to often be overlooked by collectors. Here's a mix of small H. Boker knives.

they are making some good looking knives the colts look great and a good price to.....

Billy Oneale said:

Are leg knives considered gentleman or ladies knives? My wife collects them, so I buy them for her to make her happy. Here is a Lady colt that I bought for her recently.

Guys,

Remember, back in the 1890's, a "lady" would have been bringing you your beers and opening them.  Not behind the bar but serving

Small knives??? How did I miss this section???

Right down my alley! I really like big knives, but I love small knives. 

Is there a more famous SMALL knife than the Case Peanut? Which is a small Jack Knife. I wonder who came up with the name "Peanut"?

In Chrome Vanadium.................

Got me a case peanut mysef! Love it. The rough rider peanut I picked up last week is very sweet too!

I have a bunch of RR Peanuts. But, as nice as I think they are, I like the Case a good bit better. Obviously, enough for me to spend the extra dineros on Case. (I'm rediscovering Case knives, and I really like them)  I had a pretty big Peanut collection at one time long, long ago.....all different brands. I even had a Jimmy Carter Peanut that was made for his peanut farm. It had cracked ice handles and was made by......hmmm, I forget! Dadgum senior moment! LOL!

Two steel warriors, a Case, and two Rough Riders  I really hate to asmit it, but the Steel Warrior Crocodile Bone is really sweet. I'm not crazy about Frost, but brown croc bone looks really good and the Steel Warriors are pretty good.  They are on par with RR but more expensive.

RR stag peanut and toothpick

Not a box-o-knives, but a drawer-o-peanuts-n-toothpicks  Its an older picture.

Oops! I missed your post Toby! Nice Peanuts!  I should take pictures of all of my RR Peanuts too! 

I've got another on the way.  These are the Two Case Peanuts I have.  A Tangerine Bone and a Amber Jigged.

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service