Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Hi everyone and welcome to our newest members,

Something we have not talked about lately is new aquisitions.  Tell us about your latest and greatest GEC.  Donnie bought me both the new 23's in the Beavertail (Worlds greatest husband by the way)  He got himself the newest 73 in Primitive bone.  THAT is a heck of a nice knife.

What have you gotten lately?

Tags: Cutlery, Eastern, Great

Views: 12308

Replies to This Discussion

Interesting that you mentioned that. 

In fact Greg and I were discussing just such a "Field Test" this morning.  When I return from yet another week camping in the Dragoon Mountains it will be done.  Look for it sometime around the first of May.  I will be doing it at the Council Rocks area in the Dragoons, where the Ancient Ones lived some 1,000 years ago and left their pictographs and food grinding holes among the rocks.  I can only imagine what a wonderous tool the #65 would have been to the Ancient Ones.  I am sure their Spirits will be there with us for the day as we put the #65 to work.

Pictures will be shared of course.

Jan Carter said:

Glad that one pleases you my friend, has it been field tested?
Miss Jan, I am having a Great Eastern Trapper in 440c, rehandled by Mr. James Ivy. I will post pictures when it arrives.
Just arrived yesterday, a cocobolo Calf Roper.  At 3 1/2" it is the perfect pocket size, although this one will never see a pocket.  She has everything I like - the size, the pattern, the slanted-grooved-pinched bolsters, the serpentine shape, the hardwood scales, the fancy shield and 1095 steel.  Heck, the wife even likes her!

Congratulations Rusty.  That's a good choice and a pretty near perfect size and pattern.  Very attractive handle and I've always appreciatedd the little extras on the Northfields.  Hey, if  your wife likes it, it must be right!

Now perhaps a second one to use and carry.  That seems to work for me.

I hope you are finally seeing the end of winter up in your country.  There's nothing nicer than Springtime in Wyoming, although calving season can bring some vicious blizzards.  When the Meadowlarks showed up we always knew it was really Spring.

Rusty R Halsey said:

Just arrived yesterday, a cocobolo Calf Roper.  At 3 1/2" it is the perfect pocket size, although this one will never see a pocket.  She has everything I like - the size, the pattern, the slanted-grooved-pinched bolsters, the serpentine shape, the hardwood scales, the fancy shield and 1095 steel.  Heck, the wife even likes her!

Picked up 3 today at the Ohio Knife Show in Wilmington.  A 2008 model 73 GEC w/ stag handles. The stag was supplied by a friend who had a particularly nice batch and Ken Daniels made him a couple dozen. Also got the new model 33 w/ ebony wood and a model 65 Ben Hogan with sea shell acrylic scales. Only pattern I'm missing is the 66.

It was a very good day.

I went on a woodie spree this month.  Something about a nice wood grain is hard to resist, and this month several showed up in patterns that were even harder to resist.  First is a courthouse whittler in ebony, and then a dog-leg jack in coconut palm.

Rusty,

I always did love the Ebony but that coconut palm is sweeet

Jan,

I just got one of the GEC fixed blade knives - the Bird and Trout. I have been a big fan of the GEC folders for a few years now but decided to give these a try. I also bought a #23 frame Sabre Skinner. Both feel great in my hand and can't wait to get out and use them. The Bird and Trout is a small knife but feels like it belongs in your hand. I think it is going to be a favorite of mine! Had to pick one up for my father in law for upcoming Father's Day since he is a big fan of fishing and bird hunting.

I really like your turquoise Conductor, Jan. I wish that I would have gotten one of these myself!

Tom Peterson

Tom,

That bird and trout is sweet!!  Your father in law will be very impressed with your choice.  When you field test that knife let us know how you feel about it's user abilities please

Hey Tom,

I just looked at your photo album.  Your turn to share pics.  You have quite a few very nice peices

Rusty,

Tell me the secret to those fab pics.  No glare and clear as a summer day

Rusty R Halsey said:

I went on a woodie spree this month.  Something about a nice wood grain is hard to resist, and this month several showed up in patterns that were even harder to resist.  First is a courthouse whittler in ebony, and then a dog-leg jack in coconut palm.

No secret, Jan.  A light box (simple wood frame covered with a translucent whiteish plastic shower liner) to cut the glare, a tripod, and a 2 second delay on the camera to ensure the camera being steady.  Be sure the  auto-focus box turns green and take the pic!    This works well on small displays, and in theory should also work on larger ones like you have been doing.  Since I use an overhead light, the top of the box softens the light.  The sides of the box attempt to control reflections.  Also, outdoors on a cloudy day is perfect diffused light.  Thanks for asking!

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service