Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

The only problem I have with GEC is that all the knives that are made, are collector items.
I spend my money, get the knive in and it is just to purty to carry. Maybe you guys can make
an ugly knife. LOL , I don't think this will happen. But I keep looking. I want to carry one, but
I guess I'm just to stingy or something to carry a masterpiece in my pocket. This is my 2 cents
worth.

Views: 1680

Replies to This Discussion

You really are good to me Thomas..Can't wait to see you and Kay
A little off course but a good story. We just returned from 3200 mile journey from Georgia to Maine with quick stops in DC, Hershey Pa. and Philly.
We toured much of the Maine coast and stayed at an upstate ski resort called sugarloaf. Enjoyed the wilderness and Cadillac mountain near Bar harbor. The rocky coastline is without words to describe.
While driving I look in the mirror to see my daughter fidgiting around under the third row seat. Dissapearing she says "dad I think I found a knife". Now I am almost driving off the road not taking my eyes off her as she returns to view with my almost brand new #23 sarpent trapper.
(loud vocal spouse with swerving suburban).
I had taken it from the tube after I misplaced my #23 beaver pond. Lost the sarpent the same day I took it from the tube. Found the beaver pond in the same suburban, and now have found the sarpent. The wife makes me sit in the third row seat when our 16 year old drives. Hence it being lost in the third row.
Isn't life exciting. Take care, paul
My advice is to buy your daughter a knife that she gets to pick out herself. (provided she's old enough for safety's sake.) This is what I did for my two daughters, one picked out a Case and the other a Boker, this way when there's a "mishap" we have a good laugh and Mom doesn't find out!
Although being placed in the third seat with my GEC's doesn't sound all that bad. :)
well got mt 72 pattern already in the pocket so for two edc's and one more to go then only knows what's next..
Paul,

The moral to the story is if you are missing a knife check the Suburban.
Glad you found them both.
Jan
well after a nice trip down the road to Tennessee, I came home with another one that I wont be carrying.
got me a nice little TD10 CJ, only chocolate knife I own right now, then on top of that it had to be a Great
Eastern. LOL Headed out to the barn here shortly, have some nice oak, gona make myself a pretty case
to put all these prettys in. Then set it right here beside my and my puter and admire them.
This new one fits right in with my 2006's cause it's a 2007
WELL IT TOOK A WHILE FOR ME TO FIND A GOOD EDC OUT OF THE KNIVES I HAVE GOTTEN ..BUT MY FAVORITE KNIFE IS THE #73 MINI LOCKBACK..LOVE THEM..

I ran across this while searching for something else... I bought my first Gec knife in 09 and loved the way it felt... It's a stag jack knife and I decided to carry and enjoy this one... I have bought others for myself and my son plus kinda got the family into these knives... The first one I bought has been used and used hard at times plus I will admit I've used it for doing things I should not be using it for due to not having the right tool at the right time... I do maintain the knife and use the tuf glide lubricant etc. The blades are a little more difficult to sharpen due to the good 1095 carbon steel blades but if you invest in quality 1095 carbon friendly sharpening tools then that will do it right up for those who don't get it, use stones that get along with the steel your sharpening... The blades on this knife are still tight with great open and closed snaps... The blades hold a good sharp edge for a good while until I start cutting stuff I don't need to be cutting... The stag handles have No chips or cracks and I've droped it a number of times... Excellent & Tuff Knives!

I have four GEC knives as users, three folders and one fixed blade and I'm waiting on another folder to finish off my GEC user group. I say don't you carry no ugly knife! Life is too short for that...lol

Hey Tyson, what pattern is that stag jack?

I'd love to see it. 

I agree with everything you have said, I love these tough and beautiful knives myself. Great company and very fun to be apart of the fan club. 

The only ugly knife I carry is at work because it gets a lot of hard use.  Life is too short to not carry something nice.

You bet Herb, I'm not gonna buy a bunch of these GEC knives and not use some of them. I have those that are in my collection and will not be used but the rest. Heck, I was using a Scout Trapper 440C, crabbing and salt water fishing yesterday. When I got home I used a Upland Hunter fixed blade to clean fish. It makes everything a little more fun using nice knives. Don't you think?

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service