Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

At first look i was thinking the 42 pattern had been changed , but I was wrong.

I received the 42 in American Elk handle and even as I personally have not been a 

fan of the Cyclops Steel 440C blade, I really like this one. the trademark Acorn shield is nestled in the elk handle triple lined bolster and a solid lock back mech. Its just a very pretty knife

Views: 1079

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Yesterday the 42LB in 1095 carbon steel showed ,Northfield 421114LB Missouri Trader triple lined bolster, brass lined lanyard hole, beautifully polished cocobolo wood 

That smooth yellow bone is very nice , i too like he acorn shield as you said before thats coming out of the GEC line cyclops steel works so its 440 C but I happen to like that very well too!!  Looks great 

Ivars said:

You know Terry I love acorn shield on yellow bone scales and the pattern is great and my favorite one is this:

But love to use my knives for whittling and get them extra sharp and sharpen them in low angle, that's why I'm not a stainless steel fan! So that make me a little sad! If I would have enough money to make a special order for GEC I would ask them to make the same pattern but with carbon steel blade! But that's not gonna happen! :D

Those are some good looking LB's.

I have yet to test the #42, but I just recently switched to carrying one of my #72s and GEC really does make a great lockback. So many lockbacks out there come across as less traditional then the rest of the models out there, but GEC seems to be able to keep it classic.

AS far as the SS goes I myself have had great success with it. From fishing the creeks and rivers to dining out with the family the Stainless really has proven itself. The ease of maintenance alone makes it a great choice for high moisture usage, such as fishing.

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

J.J. Smith III left a comment for Rich Randolph
14 hours ago
Rich Randolph is now a member of iKnife Collector
14 hours ago

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl posted a discussion
16 hours ago

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl posted photos
16 hours ago

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl posted a status
"Thank you for the warm welcome. Looks like the perfect place for me!"
16 hours ago
Lars Ray replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Saturday
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Saturday

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
Saturday
Lars Ray commented on Gary Richard's blog post Clip Knife Pocket Damage Issue Resolved
Apr 12
John left a comment for Jan Carter
Apr 12
John left a comment for dead_left_knife_guy
Apr 12
Jan Carter posted an event

2024 Solvang Custom Knife Show at Hotel Corque

April 26, 2024 to April 27, 2024
Apr 12
Jan Carter left a comment for Wally Guittard
Apr 12
Jan Carter left a comment for John