Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

This group is for those that collect that great little pattern the Moose. All knife brands are welcome! So lets get Loose and Collect some Moose....patterns. Please post pictures if you can and tell us about them.

Tags: moose-pattern-knives

Views: 1596

Replies to This Discussion

thats one good looking knife thanks tom  

Tom, thats one well made knife, I like it. I want to tell you that this little knife group is just what I've been looking for because for me to start a regular group for Moose pattern knives was just not feasible. I think we can have some fun here.  

That sure is good lookin' Robert.  I dont recognize the shield, what brand is it?

That's a Schatt Morgan, moose, I think its some kind of different run from their regular deal. Moose collecting is more differcult than you think, if you have not tried it. The last three fancy ones I tried to buy on Ebay all went for over $230. Just look at them a little while.  

well just to let you know all your knives are welcome here thanks tom  

That Moose is a File and Wire Test, Rail splitter, 134ats steel, 1 in 600 and a very well made little knife. When searching for knives to collect you find tons of Stockman, Whittlers, Trappers and Sunfish and lots of other is find patterns but just try find some moose patterns. You will see you have to look long and hard to find them. I think they should be more collectable for that reason.  

yes they should be more ,fill it up MR BURRIS love knives  even rough riders i just a knife nut.  

I'm jealous! 

That's a nice Moose, Robert. That is one pattern I don't have a single knife in. Now I am going to have to change that. Nice looking knife

Reply by Robert Burris on December 22, 2011 at 13:39

Well Billy, if you start collecting Moose patterns you better plan on a lot of looking and very little finding. They are very hard to find and it makes it alot more rewarding when you get one you like. It's a very old pattern, I think it is older than a trapper for sure. The blades resemble the fixed blade knives of two of the best outdoor writers of the 1800's. The spear point looks like a Kepart knife and the large humpped clip point looks like Nessmuk knife and a moose pattern was Nessmuk {George Sears} type pocket knife he carried. There is alot more to this pattern than one realizes. I hope you get interested in them, I'm sure you will like it

Reply by Jan Carter on December 22, 2011 at 16:47

Thomas,

I will make it into the safe to show some Mooses I promise :)

Reply by Robert Burris on December 22, 2011 at 17:38

Thanks Miss Jan, I love my pattern and it just dosen't get much respect....lol

Reply by tom white on December 23, 2011 at 11:37.

donnie no responce never seen you speechless.....????????????????????? lmao

Reply by Roger Russell on December 23, 2011 at 22:17

I always have liked the moose pattern knives; particularly the swell-centers. Here's a few old ones made by H. Boker.

Reply by Robert Burris on December 24, 2011 at 8:44

Roger, I really love those and I had noticed when you posted them earlier. I have been looking for some like that for a while now, if you ever get tired of them let me know. Very nice do you have any other brands?

Reply by Roger Russell on December 24, 2011 at 9:16

Hi Robert & thanks. You chose an excellent pattern to create a group for, so I reposted these once you did. It's a great pattern to collect that is hard to find; particularly the old ones.

I don't have any other brands. The old H. Bokers are all that I collect. Happy holidays.

Reply by Robert Burris on December 24, 2011 at 16:15

Roger, I don't have any swell center or hump back moose pattern knives. I was in negociations a few days ago for a vintage one of another brand but the deal is at a stand still right now. I hope to get some in this coming year. Those Bokers are a fine knife brand to collect. I have the damascus knife of the year from Boker and it is as sweet as they come. I forget the year right now but its a few years old.

Reply by Robert Burris on December 26, 2011 at 14:23

This is a Colt moose I got for Christmas. It has unusual blade shapes for a moose.

Wow that's some SWEET Moose patterns. I have one of those Bokers. I'm getting the Moose fever....lol

Reply by tom white on December 27, 2011 at 15:53

hollidays are over i'm going to haft to figure out this picture thang but let's keep it up in post's thank's tom..

Reply by Billy Oneale on January 4, 2012 at 21:40

Robert, I am buying my first Moose this week. I will be getting it in a week or so. I'll show pictures when I get it.

Reply by Robert Burris on January 5, 2012 at 7:24

Billy, have you got that moose yet?

Reply by tom white on January 5, 2012 at 10:09

man really love those knives ..keepem coming thanks tom

Reply by Billy Oneale on January 5, 2012 at 21:12

I ordered it from SMKW, so it will be a week or so. I'll post pics when I get it.

Reply by Robert Burris on January 11, 2012 at 9:26

Miss Jan, I was hoping you were gonna post a picture of one of your moose knives. Let the moose out the closet, don't be ashame, we all know you have some...lol

•   

Reply by Billy Oneale on January 11, 2012 at 21:59

Robert, here it is. I finally received my first Moose today. It is a Queen Swamp Grass smooth bone. It is 4 1/4" in the closed position. It has a spey and a clip blade. It is a nice looking knife, but it could have been sharper. Sometimes some of Queen Cutlery's knives are not the sharpest out of the box. Simple fix on that. I hurried with the pics, so it is not some of my best picture taking.

Reply by Billy Oneale on January 11, 2012 at 21:59

Robert, here it is. I finally received my first Moose today. It is a Queen Swamp Grass smooth bone. It is 4 1/4" in the closed position. It has a spey and a clip blade. It is a nice looking knife, but it could have been sharper. Sometimes some of Queen Cutlery's knives are not the sharpest out of the box. Simple fix on that. I hurried with the pics, so it is not some of my best picture taking.I forgot to add that this is 440 ss instead of D2 tool steel which is what Queen usually uses.

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service