Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

So this our first TecX.   I don't want to share the first impressions just yet.  Donnie has committed to using this knife hard this week at work and then we will talk about it.  But I did want to share the knife with you all and ask, Has anyone else gotten one of them?  

Views: 475

Replies to This Discussion

This looks like a decent knife what is the pricing ad does they offer also plane edge versions?

Patrick,

They offer several versions and blades.  Best place I have found to see them all and the price points is ebay

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=te...

thank you  jan did  you see  this knife 

Case tecX TK-1 T0094.5* Knives

it  looks  like a buck.

Patrick,

There is not a plain edge option for this model.  I wish there was.  That is actually what Donnie see's as the down side.  He is not much on the serrated edges 

That is also my problem I did buy me special sharpening stones for serrated blades but I'm not sure if I can put on a paper shaving sharpness on serrated blades. In my opinion and what I know serrated edges are extremely difficult to sharpen even with the right equipment there for I try to avoid serrated blades I'm not saying that they are bad. I just do prefer a edge that I can maintain with no problems and have razor sharpness at my disposal. 

Just wondering, I know a write up in Knives Illustrated but how did this work as an EDC? Just wondering?

Wow I think thats going to be a popular pattern, I have not used or carried one , but I may have to NOW !

Surprisingly well Hog.  I did not expect to like this as much as I did.  I gave it to him and told him to use the heck out it, tear it up.  This knife did everything from tear up boxes, do electrical work, cut moldings, trim out cabinets   It did not need sharpened until the third day and then took an edge like a trooper and started all over again.  It was all and all a good knife but perhaps a tad over priced

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

J.J. Smith III left a comment for Rich Randolph
20 hours ago
Rich Randolph is now a member of iKnife Collector
20 hours ago

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl posted a discussion
22 hours ago

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl posted photos
23 hours ago

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl posted a status
"Thank you for the warm welcome. Looks like the perfect place for me!"
23 hours ago
Lars Ray replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Saturday
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Saturday

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
Apr 13
Lars Ray commented on Gary Richard's blog post Clip Knife Pocket Damage Issue Resolved
Apr 12
John left a comment for Jan Carter
Apr 12
John left a comment for dead_left_knife_guy
Apr 12
Jan Carter posted an event

2024 Solvang Custom Knife Show at Hotel Corque

April 26, 2024 to April 27, 2024
Apr 12
Jan Carter left a comment for Wally Guittard
Apr 12
Jan Carter left a comment for John