1. How can I start a forum discussion? To start a thread, click on the Forum tab and then on the "Start a New Discussion" link.
2. Can I edit or delete a discussion I started? Yes! To edit, click on the discussion you would like to edit. Locate the "About Your Discussion" section in the middle column and click the "Edit Discussion" link. If you want to delete a discussion you started, and all replies to it, go to that discussion's detail page and click the link.
3. How do I add a hyperlink to my forum post? To insert a link, highlight the text you want to be linked and click the "Insert a Link" icon, which looks like chain links , in the toolbar. In the box that pops up type the URL you want the text to link to. Once you save your discussion post or reply, anyone can use the link.
4. How do I add an image to my forum post? You can insert an image to your post by clicking the "Add a Photo" button, which looks like a framed picture, in the toolbar. A window will appear prompting you to select a photo from your computer to upload. Once you've found the image you want, click the "Add" button.
5. How do I attach a file to my forum post? How do I attach a file to my reply? To attach a file to a discussion you are starting, click the "Browse" button next to "Attach File" at the bottom of the Discussion editor box. To attach a file to a discussion reply, click "Upload Files" and browse your computer for the file you want.
6. Why does it say I have 15 minutes to edit posts? To maintain the integrity of discussions and replies, we only allow members to edit posts for 15 minutes. We think this is enough time to correct a typo, while ensuring that people don't "rewrite history." We do, however, let members delete their own posts at any time.
7. What are tags? Tags are a great way to categorize discussions, photos, and videos by their content. For example, if you start a discussion thread about your favorite summer vacation spots, you may want to tag it as "summer," "vacation" and "suggestions." You can mark an item with as many different tags as you want by clicking the "Tag" button in the toolbar next to the post on the item's detail page. You can delete a tag the same way.
8. Can I change the category of a discussion I started? Yes! Go to the Discussion Detail page and beneath the title of your post you will see a "Change" link. Clicking on this will display a drop down menu where you can edit the Category of your Discussion.
9. Can I delete a reply I've made to a forum post? Yes, you can delete your reply to a discussion at any time by clicking the button next to the post you want to remove.
10. Can I reply to someone's discussion? Can I reply specifically to someone's reply? If you are a member of the network, yes. Start typing in the "Reply to This" box under the discussion you want to reply to. To reply to a specific reply, instead of using the "Reply to This" text box that appears under the discussion starter, click the link to "Reply to This" under the specific post you want to reply to. Your post will be linked to that reply.
11. How do I find all discussions with the same tag? How do I subscribe to discussions with a certain tag? If you find a discussion with an interesting tag, click on the tag. All discussions with the same tag on that network will appear. If you see a discussion with a tag you want to follow, click on that tag's link. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the RSS link at the bottom left corner to subscribe using RSS.
12. Can I sort forum posts? You can sort your forum posts by "Latest Replies", "Newest Discussions," or "Most Popular" under your Forum tab.
13. How do I see all discussions started or participated in by a specific person? Can I subscribe using RSS to all the forum discussions a specific member starts? You can see all the forum posts made by a someone by clicking on their name as it appears next to a discussion they have started or replied to. You will be taken to a page where you can browse all of their forum activity. You can subscribe to a member's posts by going to that member's page. Locate the box containing their forum posts. Click the RSS link at the bottom of the box.
14. How do I see all the discussions I have started or participated in? Go to the Forum tab on your network. Click the "My Discussions" link at the top of the page to see all posts you have made to the forum.
15. How do I see all the discussions in a specific category? Can I subscribe to a discussion category using RSS? To see all the discussions in a specific category, go to the Forum tab and click on "Forum Home." Find the category you are interested in and click "View Discussions." If you see a discussion category you want to follow, click on the category's link to see all of the posts made in that category on the network. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the RSS link at the bottom left corner to subscribe using RSS to all posts made in that category.
16. How do I share a discussion thread? It's easy to share discussions you like. Click the "Share" link below the discussion thread you want to share. You can copy and paste a link to the thread into an email or instant message, or log in and have the network send it for you.
17. Why can't I reply to a specific category's posts? The Network Creator sets up the categories in the network's forum. They can make a category for discussions that only they can start but anyone can reply to, as well as categories that no one can reply to. If you have a suggestion for a category email scott@iKnifeCollector.com
18. Why can't I start a discussion in a specific category? The Network Creator sets up the categories in the network's forum. They can make a category for discussions that only they can start and anyone can reply to, as well as categories that no one can reply to. If you really think your discussion belongs in a category that you can't post to, tag it with the category's name and contact the Network Creator. He can move your discussion to the proper category.
19. Why don't I see categories in the forum? If your Network Creator has not created categories for your network's forum, they will not appear and you will not be able to add categories to your discussions.
20. Can I subscribe to a network's forum posts with RSS? Can I subscribe using RSS to a specific discussion in my network's forum? Yes. Go to the main page of the network you wish to subscribe to and click on the RSS link in the bottom left hand corner of the forum section. To subscribe to a specific discussion, click the RSS Feed link at the bottom of the page on the discussion to which you'd like to subscribe.
21. How long will it take before can I search for new content? Your new member’s groups, photos, videos, forum posts, and comments will usually show up in your network search after about two days. This delay may be slightly longer on occasion.