1. How do I add photos? You can add photos by clicking on the Photos tab that appears at the top of your page. You can upload them from your computer, mobile phone or email account.
2. What is the photos detail page? The photo detail page allows you to do lots of cool things with any photo. Clicking on the thumbnail of a picture will take you to the photo detail page, where you can tag or rate the photo, add it to an album you've created, and view more sizes of the photo.
3. How do I add a description to a photo? When you upload photos, you have the option to add a title and a description to your photo. You cannot edit someone else's photo and give it a description; however you can leave a comment. If you put another member's photo in an album, you can't change the title or description.
4. How do I comment on a photo or video? By default, anyone who is logged in can comment on photos or videos. If you see the "comment wall" under a photo or video, you can comment on it. Just start typing in the box underneath the photo or video you want to comment on! If you don't see a "comment wall" under the photo or video, it means the contributor has turned comments off.
5. How do I add a location to my photos? When you upload a photo, you will be prompted to add a title and description. You can also add a location to the photo by clicking on the map to the right or typing a specific address. If you've already uploaded a photo and want to add a location or change the location, click the "Edit Photo Information" link to the right of the photo in the photo detail page.
6. How do I rate a photo? If you see an awesome - or bad - photo, let people know by rating it! In the toolbar to the right of the photo on the photo detail page, click the "Rate" button. Then give the photo a rating between one and five stars and you will see your rating reflected below. Your rating remains anonymous, so you can be honest. If you change your mind, you can always return to the photo detail page and click the Rate button to change your rating for the photo!
7. Who can see my photos? You can decide who you want to be able to view your photos. To change the default setting for this, go to the "My Settings" link in the box on the right column of the page. Then click the 'Privacy' tab on the left of the page. Here you choose to allow anyone, just your friends, or just you to see your photos. You can also override this setting as you upload each photo. You can also choose who can comment on your photos in "My Settings."8. How do I send in photos from my email client or phone? When you join iKnifeCollector, a unique email address is assigned to your profile on that network. You can email photos or videos, one at a time, to this email address and they will be added to your account on the network. To view your email-in address on a network, click on the "My Setting" link on the right side of any page on a network. At the bottom of the page you'll see your email in content email address. You can create a new one by clicking the 'Generate New Email Address' button!
9. How do I delete a photo? To delete a photo, go to that photo's detail page. Below the photo you'll find the link. Click this link!10. How do I share a photo with my friends? It's easy to share photos you like. Click the "Share" link below the photo you want to share. You can copy and paste a link to it into an email or instant message, email the photo using your computer's email client, or log in and have the network send it for you.
11. How do I download a photo to my computer? Although we don't offer prints of photos to be ordered, you can save them to your computer. Click on the "View Full Size" button below the photo. The photo will pop up in a new window or tab. Right click and select "Save Image As." Select where you would like the photo to download to on your computer and click the Save button.
12. Is there a way for me to keep track of all the photos I like? If you really love a photo and want to be able to locate it in the future, add it to your favorite photos. Click the "Add to Favorites" link underneath the photo. To view photos you have selected as your favorites, click the "My Favorites" link under the Photos tab.13. How can I view all of the photos on iKnifeCollector? To view all of the photos members have uploaded to a network, click on the “Photos” tab. You can view the photos by latest, top rated, most viewed or random.
14. How do I see a specific member's photos? You can view a member's photos page by clicking on their name next to a photo, or by selecting the "View Photos" link under their name on the photo's detail page.
15. How do I create an album? You can do this by clicking on "My Albums" and then clicking on "Create an Album." From there, you're able to drag photos to the album preview pane on the right side of the page. You can choose the specific order of the photos. Once you've done this, click "save" to see your final product.
16. How do I see a photo's average rating? The toolbar located below the photo or video on the detail page tells you the average rating and number of people who have rated it.
17. What are tags? Tags are a great way to categorize discussions, photos, and videos by their content. For example, if you start a discussion thread about your favorite knife, you may want to tag it by its brand, model, handle material pattern, etc.. You can mark an item with as many different tags as you want by clicking the "Tag" button in the toolbar next to the post on the item's detail page. You can delete a tag the same way.
18. How can I tell how many members have selected a video or photo as a favorite? On the photo or video's detail page, the toolbar located below the photo or video, you can see how many members have selected it as a favorite, as well as the average rating and number of members who have rated it.
19. How do I view albums? Go to the Photos tab on the network and click on the "All Albums" link to see what other members are creating.
20. Can I import photos from Flickr? If your Network Creator has set up photo importing from Flickr, you can easily add those photos to your profile on a network. To see if you can add photos from Flickr, go to the Photos tab and click the link to "Add Photos." If you can import photos from Flickr you will find a prompt to add photos from your Flickr account.
21. Can I subscribe using RSS to iKnifeCollector’s photos? Yes!. Go to the Photos tab and click "Photos Home". Then click on the RSS link in the bottom left of the photo box.
22. How can I tell if iKnifeCollector has a Facebook application? Network Creators have the option to very easily set up branded music, video, and slideshow player applications on Facebook. Anyone can then add the applications to their Facebook profile to showcase their membership in the network.
You will know that the Network Creator has set up a Facebook application for the network by looking at the network's main page. If there are applications, the Facebook logo and a link to add the network's application to your Facebook profile appear under the slideshow, video, or music player.
23. Why don't I see the comment wall under a specific blog post, photo, or video? If you are logged in and don't see the comment wall for a specific blog post, photo, or video, the member who wrote the post changed the privacy setting for comments to that blog post.
24. Can other people see my albums? Any member can see the albums you create. There are, however, a number of different privacy settings for the photos you upload. You can change the default setting for this by clicking on the "My Settings" link in the box on the right column of the page to allow anyone, just your friends, or just you to see your photos. You can also override this setting as you upload each photo.
25. How do I change the order photos show up in a slideshow? The best way to change the order of photos in a slideshow is to put them in an album. You can do this by clicking on "My Albums" and then clicking on "Create an Album."
On the Create an Album page, you can choose which photos you'd like in your album and specify their order. Once you've done this, click "Save" to see your final product. On the lower right side of the page, a mini slideshow will be playing. Click "View this slideshow" to see it full screen. You can also click the Embed button to get code to put this slideshow on your blog or MySpace page.
26. How do I report an offensive photo? When you're signed in, click "Report an Issue," which appears as a link at the bottom of every page. This will alert the Network Creator to the offensive photo.
27. Right after I imported photos from Flickr, I saw a Yikes! error. What should I do? Try importing the photos again. If that still doesn't work, let us know and we'll get to the bottom of it.
28. How do I add the slideshow to my website? On the main page of your network, you'll see a button to get your badge. Click the "Get More Badges" link to see all of your options. Once you've found a badge or widget you want, click the "Copy HTML Code" button. Go to your MySpace page or personal website and paste the code into any text box.
29. I sent in a photo and it never arrived. What should I do? Try resending the photo from your computer's email client. If that still doesn't work, let us know and we'll get to the bottom of it.
30. Can the photo slideshow display photos randomly? Yes it can! Go to the Photos module and click the "Edit" button. Check the box next to "Random Order."
31. How can I add photos? To add photos go to the Photos tab and click "Add Photos." Be default, you'll be able to use the bulk uploader to add up to 100 photos at a time.
The first time you use the uploader, you'll see a pop-up window that says "This applet was signed by Ning Inc and authenticated by VeriSign Inc. Do you trust this certificate?" Click the "Trust" button to proceed.
In the left pane, find the photos on your computer. To upload them, double click on a photo. Or, you can drag and drop a photo or a whole folder to the right pane of "Photos to Upload."
You can drag and drop the photos into the perfect order. To remove photos you've added to the right preview pane, you can drag them out of the preview pane and drop them, or highlight them and press the "Delete" key. Once you're ready to upload, click the "Next" button. On the next screen, you can add titles, tags, and descriptions for your photos and choose the privacy. To apply the same information to all of the photos in this batch, fill out the top portion under "Edit Information for All Photos." Then click the button to "Apply this info to the photos below."
If you're experiencing issues with the bulk uploader, you can always use the simple uploader by clicking the link to "Return to our simple uploader" at the bottom of the page.
32. How do I crop a photo without software? While most computers come with image-editing software now capable of cropping (iPhoto or Preview for the Mac, Paint for Windows), there's also another web-based solution. http://www.easycropper.com offers a fairly easy-to-use cropping system. You can just upload the large image you want to crop, set your desired size and it'll do the rest. For reference, our recommended width for header background images is 955px. Height can vary, so experiment for the best results.
33. How long will it take before can I search for new content? Your new members, groups, photos, videos, forum posts, and comments will usually show up in your network search after about two days. This delay may be slightly longer on occasion.
34. With the bulk media uploader, what are the size limits for photos, videos and music? Using the bulk media uploader, you can add up to 100 photos of 10MB or less each, up to 100 songs of 20MB or less each, and up to 30 videos of 100MB or less each.